Yoga forms and yoga benefits
There are many forms of yoga, yoga benefits from using this as a type of exercise, can leave your body toned, and supple, while leaving you spiritually enlightened.
Yoga has become some what of the latest thing in fitness, and many of the the top stars indulge in this form of exercise with positive results.
There are physical, as well as spiritual forms of yoga to choose from, and some of the other yoga benefits, can be used to overcome many things such as...
- Stress-related illness
- Back pain and mobility problems
Your first decision is to know which form is right for you, and we will cover those below. But the simple principles of yoga, are to relax, tune out everything, while stretching, in order to feel better.
Yoga for Fitness:
- Hatha Yoga - This type of yoga is based on controlled stretching. An emphasis is placed on developing a flexible spine. This type of yoga is excellent for all levels of fitness.
- Vini Yoga - This type of yoga is gentle and safe, and is very good for older people. It is taught by a teacher called a Desikachar, and is usually taught on an individual basis.
- Lyenger Yoga - This type of yoga focuses on correct postures. It often makes use of ropes, and blocks, to maintain these postures.
- Sivananda Yoga - This type of yoga is suitable for every age, and covers a wide range of poses, which range from simple to complex.
- Ashtanga Yoga - This type of yoga is known as power yoga. It is very demanding, and is only suitable for those people who are very fit.
- Raja Yoga - This is often referred to as royal yoga. It is concerned with the mind.
- Dru Yoga - This is group yoga, which concentrates very heavily on breath work.
- Jnana Yoga - This concentrates on the philosophical aspects of yoga, and is very spiritual and meditative.
There is a wide assortment of accessories related to Yoga, that you can choose from, to make your fitness room complete, for this style of fitness.
It is recommended to set yourself up, with some excellent training videos on Yoga, to ensure that you are on a safe, and correct path, whether you are a beginner, or at an advanced fitness level.
Return from Yoga Benefits to HomePage